With more than 80 years as a market leader in the building materials industry, General Shale
now offers a variety of manufacturing and sales/distribution locations across North America.
Career opportunities with General Shale are as diverse as our product line, ranging from
engineering and sales to accountancy and frontline supervision.
General Shale is committed to a team-oriented work environment and a culture of
promoting great talent from within our organization. Employees enjoy the following benefits:
A variety of health insurance benefits
Diverse career opportunities
Promotions from within
Diversity in locations for employment
General Shale is an equal opportunity employer.
Career Opportunities »
For a list of career opportunities in a specific
department, please select the department from the
Industrial Maintenance Electrician - Spring City, TN
General Shale, Inc., the nation's leading manufacturer of brick and masonry products, is seeking an industrial maintenance electrician for our flagship manufacturing facility in Spring City, TN.
This is a day shift position with responsibilities including:
* Ability to test/trouble shoot electrical component such as motors or pumps and replace or repair as needed
* Ensuring proper operation of production equipment by performing predictive, preventive and corrective maintenance
* Ability to follow diagrams, sketches, prints and equipment manuals
* Ability to use hand tools, multi-meter, power tools, levels, etc.
* Ability to operate forklifts, hoist and power equipment
* Ability to work off ladders
* Good communication skills with machine operators to trouble shoot issues
* Ability to bend, stoop and lift
Ideal candidate will have the opportunity to apply his/her knowledge to a highly automated manufacturing facility, while learning and training on the following systems:
* Programmable Logic Controllers
* Allen Bradley Automation
* RSLogix 500 & 5000, Control Logix
* Panel Builder 32
* RSNetworx for Devicenet and Ethernet
Competitive pay and benefits, including:
* Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
* Disability Insurance
* Life Insurance
* 401-K w/ Company Match
* Paid Vacations
* Paid Holidays
To express interest, send resume with education, experience and earnings history to Alison.email@example.com
Sales Representative - Denver, CO
General Shale, the nation's leading manufacturer of brick, masonry siding and outdoor hardscape products, is seeking a Denver, CO - based outside Sales Representative. Successful candidate will call on a market of builders, construction contractors, architects and individual homeowners in multi-state region in and around Denver.
* Developing expert - level product knowledge
* Promoting and selling General Shale products to builders, homeowners, general contractors, architects and masonry contractors
* Providing "high touch" customer service to create added value
* Maintaining strong customer relationships Delivering building material solutions
* Self - motivated individual seeking a career position with the industry's most innovative and leading masonry products company
* 3-5 years of masonry sales experience with a building products background
* Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business or related curriculum
* Strong presentation skills
We offer a competitive base salary plus commissions and comprehensive benefits package.