Visiting Our Websites
You can browse our Website without providing any personal or individually identifiable information. You also may be able to set your browser to reject cookies. If you do that, the Website may be less functional for you.
There are times when you may choose to give us personally identifiable information about you. For example, you may wish to receive e-mails from us, receive invitations, attend events, or preview new content. We need certain information from you to process your requests, where necessary.
Kinds of Information We Collect
We collect information that you voluntarily give us, as well as anonymous data, on the Website.
Personal Identifiable Information
In order to utilize certain features of the Website, you may be asked to provide personally identifiable information such as your e-mail address, name, mailing address, telephone number, or persistent identifier (such as a customer number held in a cookie) which is associated with personally identifiable information, as well as other information, which you may provide voluntarily. We collect such personally identifiable information that you give us so that we may:
• Provide information about General Shale and the Website;
• Tell you about products and services, and provide information to our third-party marketing partners solely for direct marketing of our products and services to you (not for such third parties’ marketing purposes);
• Notify you about new content and upcoming events, games, tools and other features available on the Website; and
• Respond to your requests for information.
By providing any personally identifiable information to us through the Website, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to the collection and processing of such information in the United States of America and in Canada. We will provide you reasonable access to information that you provided through the Website and the reasonable ability to review and correct it.
Anonymous visitorship data is information about the way a website is used that is not associated with an individual’s identity. We use aggregate anonymous data regarding online behavior to better understand how people use our Website. To that end, we may use aggregated, anonymous online traffic behavior along with information from third parties to track usage trends and thereby improve our Website. We may also use this aggregated, anonymous information to develop reports that we may share with third-party marketing partners and customers. The kind of information we may collect includes:
• Your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
• The pages visited on our sites;
• The links clicked on our sites;
• Any products or services you review;
• The features used;
• How long a visitor stays; and
• The domain name of the sites from which visitors connect to our Website and the sites to which visitors connect through our service.
Most Anonymous Data is collected using data collection tools such as web beacons, cookies, embedded web links, and other commonly-used information-gathering tools. We use Anonymous Data to develop, manage, and improve the Website. Sometimes we may aggregate Anonymous Data with personally identifiable information you have provided to us. We may use the combined information to:
• Manage the Website;
• Help resolve problems;
• Analyze use of the Website; and
• Notify you about products or services that we, our third-party marketing partners, and members may offer from time to time.
We may recommend or require the use of encryption technologies for certain types of communications conducted through the Website. While we may provide those technologies and use other reasonable precautions to protect confidential information and provide suitable security, we do not guarantee that information transmitted through the Internet is secure, or that such transmissions will be free from delay, interruption, interception or error.
Disclosure of Information
General Shale will not release any personally identifiable information to third parties without your consent except as follows:
• Anyone providing us their personally identifiable information grants General Shale and its affiliates the right to use their information internally without restrictions for the purposes of, but not limited to, research, marketing, and content and lead development. If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can opt-out as described below.
• We may disclose information collected on the Website, including personally identifiable information, to third parties as required or permitted by law. For example, we may disclose information:
o To regulators;
o To law enforcement authorities who subpoena it or in the event there is a question of harm;
o To vendors who provide us with service; or
o To companies that may acquire part or all of General Shale or an affiliated company. Information about General Shale’s users, including personal information, may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, as well as in the unlikely event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which personal information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the company.
• Select the e-mail “opt out” or “unsubscribe” link or follow the opt-out instructions included in each subscription communication.
• Where applicable, return to the Web page(s) where you originally registered your preferences and follow the opt-out instructions.
• Email us. Be sure to provide your name, email and postal address, and specific relevant information about the particular service or information you no longer wish to receive.
Please be aware that when you opt out of receiving communications, it may affect the services you have chosen to receive from us where accepting the communications is a condition of receiving the services.
Finally, if you request, we will remove your name and all other personally identifiable information from our databases. Please understand, however, that it may be impossible to remove this information completely, due to backups and records of deletions. In addition, please understand that, if you request deletion of your information, you will be unable to utilize associated features of the Website. You may not remove de-identified, anonymous, or aggregate data from our databases.
Hyperlinks and Referrals
We support Do Not Track browser settings. Do Not Track (or DNT) is a preference you can set in your browser to let the websites you visit know that you do not want them collecting certain information about you.
For more details about Do Not Track, including how to enable or disable this preference, visit this Do Not Track webpage.
We do not knowingly collect or distribute personally identifiable information from minor children. If you are the parent or guardian of a minor child and believe that they have disclosed personally identifiable information to us, please contact us by email so that we may delete the minor’s information. You can learn more about children’s privacy and the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) at the Federal Trade Commission’s website at: http://www.ftc.gov/privacy/privacyinitiatives/childrens.html
Canadian Residents; Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents (PIPEDA)
General Shale and its affiliate, [Arriscraft International], are committed to protecting the personal information that is gathered via the internet and paper forms. Canada’s PIPEDA, or the Personal Protection and Electronic Documents Act, addresses the way organizations collect, use and manage personal information. Personal information may be defined as “any factual or subjective information, recorded or not, about an identifiable individual”. For more information about PIPEDA, go to http://www.priv.gc.ca/leg_c/leg_c_p_e.asp.
We do not intentionally collect personally identifiable information from residents of the European Union. If you are a resident of the European Union and you are providing your personally identifiable information to General Shale, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to the collection and processing of such information in the United States of America and in Canada.Notice to California Residents
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by General Shale to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. As described above, we do not disclose users’ personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Nevertheless, if you wish to make such a request, please send an email to or write us at:
General Shale Brick, Inc.
P.O. Box 3547
Johnson City, TN 37602
Notification of Changes
General Shale Brick, Inc.
P.O. Box 3547
Johnson City, TN 37602